Thursday, January 7, 2010

Freezing and Frustrated!

Ok so it started Sunday Morning when we woke up to a frozen house. The heat decided not to come on that day and so it didn't. Today will be the 4th visit from the repair man and we're hopeful he can actually fix the problem this time, assuming we finally figured out what it is! It's honestly been a huge inconvenience to say the least. Dave and I are totally frustrated, from being cold, from being in the house less than a year and having these problems with the furnace, and from putting all of our faith into a repair man who may or may not really know what the problem is! We have a couple space heaters and in combination with having the oven open and on full blast we've been able to stay warm but another day or two of this and I might start freaking out completely! LOL It really makes you realize what you have and what you take for granted. I mean it's heat, it's a given, but imagine having to go through a whole winter without it, or having to worry about whether or not they're going to shut it off because you can't pay the bill. At least once it's fixed it will be fixed (hopefully, fingers crossed) and we can go on with our normal life of luxury! Dave and I have to keep reminding each other to really be thankful for what we do have because it's easy to get all pissed off and stressed out but really look at what we do have! I don't need to run down the list but this is silly in comparison. I mean this is something that people have to go through right? The joys of home ownership. Things break and you have to pay to fix them, that's just the way it goes. Soooo I'm thankful today that I have this blog to vent on lol. And once the repair man leaves today I'll be thankful that the heat is finally on (fingers crossed) and thankful that I won't have to see that man again hallelujah!!

PS) Or we could always try this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree how awful it is not to have heat! In the October storm we were without heat or electricity for 5 days!!! It does REALLY get you down. We couldn't even shower because we didn't want to take off all our clothes and then be in ICE COLD water. So besides freezing and being in the dark we all started to smell too!!!! We felt like we couldn't do anything - we spent alot of time just looking out the window - I guess just wondering when it would end. Now imagine if you could what it must have been like for the people from New Orleans after Katrina - they didn't have the cold, but the ones that survived didn't even have their houses anymore!!!
Still I can feel your annoyance with the repairman - I'm glad your ordeal is over.
Love, Aunt Lora