Thursday, January 28, 2010

Good Ole Uncle John!

I remember moments with my Great Uncle John, mostly as a little girl. He would always spend time with me, teach me things, tell me stories, play games. He was a patient man, never got angry or annoyed (and i'm quite sure I was annoying at that age). I remember silly things, like how I would always mess up his hair, and after he'd go upstairs and fix it again, I'd do it again! After a few trips up the stairs he'd finally just leave it all messy and we would both laugh! He'd always save the Sunday comics for me and we'd read them together, he'd help with the "find the differences" ones, those were always my favorite. We'd walk down to the store together and he'd always buy me a peanut candy bar, god i miss those! He was at every birthday, every family event, every occasion. He was a loving, giving, caring, kind, wonderful man. I will always remember him with a smile on my face. Good Ole Uncle John! You were so loved, you will be so missed....

John E. KOMOROWSKI
KOMOROWSKI - John E. January 25, 2010; dear son the late Andrew and Frances; dear brother of Mary (late John) Bogdan, Richard, Sr. Carmelette, Irene (George) Signor and the late Freda (Robert) Soper and Chester; also survived by nieces and nephews. Funeral from the KOLANO FUNERAL HOME, 396 Amherst St. (near Grant), Wednesday 11:30 AM and Assumption Church at 12 PM. Friends invited. Visitation Tuesday 4-8 PM. Interment St. Stanislaus.

























In Memory Of You
We want to always remember
The beautiful life you lived
And keep alive the memories we have
Through remembering what you did
For you're so special to all of us
A wonderful person indeed
Your love, laughter and warm smile
Reflected a heart that believed
Just in the everyday things we do
We remember your faith and love
In the words you spoke to help us through
Is a continued reminder for us
Although we miss you so very much
We know we'll see you once more
For this is the hope we have in God
Being re-united in the Lord
And as we gather we'll continue to share
Special times we went through
For these are memories that warm our hearts
As we honour the memory of you
- M.S. Lowndes
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush;
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand by my grave and weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
-Mary Frye

After Glow
I'd like the memory of me
To be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an afterglow
Of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo
Whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
And bright and sunny days
I'd like the tears
Of those who grieve,
To dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.
- Carol Mirkel

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful tribute! (Although, something tells me that he would be even more touched if you shared a toast - of beer, of course - in his name!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie:

That was a very special and sweet act to do a tribute to Uncle John and I'm sure he is smiling down on you.

Love you - Aunt Lora