Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Turning Point ....

The turning point, into adulthood.
I wonder when the moment officially happens, I feel it now.... sometimes, but not completely. I guess that's why they say age is a relative thing. I'm married now, a wife. I still get goosebumps when I hear him say it. It's exciting, it's happiness, but it means I'm not a kid anymore. But do I want to be? I don't think so, I like my freedom, my independence, but it means getting older, having responsibility, a house, all the bills that come with it. It's happiness, it's life. I wouldn't change it. I think about restless nights in my childhood, wondering about what and who I would become, who I would marry, where we would live, how many kids we'd have. It's what I always dreamed about... longed for. And I have it now, I have him, my love and my world, our beautiful house (I often picture children running out the door to catch the bus, a dinner table full of little faces, doing homework, reading bedtime stories, a nursery painted blue or pink, hearing the echos of a family, it's warm and it's comforting) I'm scared but I'm not, I'm excited and so thankful and so lucky to have my love, my life, all the things that come with it. It's happiness, its life, and I'm so thankful , so lucky to be here in this moment, in these moments and in these days, so much to look forward to and to hope for and........the best is yet to come!

“Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up.” - The wonder years

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. " -Dr. Seuss

No comments: