Monday, January 4, 2010

Ok back in the swing.....

So I already broke my resolution (to post everyday) but in my defense I've been sick (who hasn't these days!). But i'm BAAAAACK and feeling great! So here's to the New Year! It feels pretty weird to be 2010 already...where does the time go? I remember so clearly all the panic of the Y2K nonsense, these days we just have to worry about terrorist attacks, yay for us! :(

So anyways here's a list of things i'm looking forward to in 2010....

First off the Buffalo Bandits! They kickoff their season in Rochester on January 9th! I'm taking Dave there for his birthday and we're going to stay overnight with some friends and party on to welcome the Bandits return! woooo hooooo! - For those of you that don't know about the Bandits my advice is go to a game, you'll have an AMAZING time for like 12 bucks a seat and get this, the team is actually good!!! We've won several championships which is obviously more than I can say for the Bills or Sabres (whom I love btw, I just wish they would win more!) Once you go to a game you'll be hooked, BanditLand is the best place on earth (aside from Disney World) and I'm sure you'll love it!

Next is our honeymoon. We're planning a trip to Florida and the Bahamas in April. The plan is to the spend a couple days in Disney World because we both already need a fix haha. Then we're going to catch a Bandits Game (oh yea!) as they take on the Orlando...UM??? well formerly the New York Titans, they just moved to Orlando and I can't recall if they changed their name. Then we're going to catch a cruse from Coco Beach to the Bahamas where we're going to swim with the Dolphins! We're very much looking forward to this one! And to fitting into that Bikini :)

Which leads me to my next one which is GET IN SHAPE. This is one that I have to be conscious of everyday. I have the Wii which is so cool for working out. I got several workout games for it so I have plenty of variety and NO EXCUSES! I think this is an excellent way to work out at home. The games are fun and easy to use, and they motivate you. The one I have, EA Active Trainer is literally a personal trainer, and having actually worked out with a personal trainer at an actual brick and mortar gym I can tell you it's basically the same thing! The only difference is you can work out in your underwear (which I don't, but still nice to have the option) haha
Ok so yea work out and get in Shape, this is a big one but I'm very excited about it. I don't have much to lose but I would like to be down about 20 lbs by the summer. So let the countdown begin....

I'm also pretty excited about Eclipse which comes out in June. I must admit I'm not as excited as I was about Twilight or New Moon. I LOVE the books, there is no denying that, they're amazing and they touched me like no other story ever has, but the movies are just so so. I honestly wish they were better, think Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter and you'll understand what I mean. None of the people in ether of those movies were big names when they first came out but the overall production was just so much better. I get that the first film (Twilight)was low budget but that doesn't excuse the sh*tty acting. And now at this point there's really nothing that can be done short of just redoing the whole thing. New production company (I mean co'mon they have the $$ now) better actors and better screenplay. Sorry it's just how I feel. All in all for what it's worth I did enjoy both movies and I'll probably yet again be at the midnight showing of Eclipse will all the little teenyboppers squeaking about Jacobs abs, LOL but my expectations won't be that high. If I really want to escape into the world of Twilight I'll just have to read the books cause that's really where it's at.

So those are just a few things that I'm looking forward to in the new year, 2010 Baby!

No comments: