Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Music Speaks.....

Music can transform me....take me to another place, to another realm, another state of mind. I love when I hear a song and it wakes me up, out of my mind and out of any distractions or aggravations of the current moment. It's like it opens a pathway to a clearer place where everything makes sense again.

Then there are the songs that bring back memories a specific time and place. A freckle on my lifeline. But it takes me there, right there in that moment.

Some songs will remind me of certain people, Cat Stevens, Peter Gabriel, Super tramp, those are all for my dad. Sade, Eric Clapton, John Secada, those are for my mom. I hear the song and i immediately think of them, it's great in that way.

The sound, the words, it moves me unlike anything else.

I love to just get lost in it, listen to it so loud so that it surrounds me....

Currently I'm listening to Smashing pumpkins 1979 and I'm back in the car with my friends, singing at the top of our lungs, 17 years old, not a care in the world, driving just to drive, Freedom!


No comments: